YOUR TRIP TO THE FARMERS’ MARKET IS DEEMED AN ESSENTIAL ACTIVITY
Maine State Public Health officials have deemed Farmers’ Markets as an essential public service during the current civil emergency.
All market staff, farmers and producers are dedicated to adhering to health and safety standards, while providing safe and reliable access to nutritious foods necessary for a healthy community.
Please reach out with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org and stay up to date with the latest information by checking our website and social media pages.
How you can help:
- Come to market in good health- if you are sick or not feeling well, stay home!
- Face coverings are REQUIRED!
- Please only send one person per family to shop at the market, if possible.
- Wash hands/ refrain from touching your face
- Regulate your own social spacing
- Look for signs
- Watch for physical distancing marks on the ground and floors
- Wash all produce before consumption
Market Safety Measures:
- Hand washing stations will be available
- Ground and floor marking for lines
- Limit on people inside the market at once
- Plenty of signage to remind everyone to physically distance
- Sampling is suspended
- Music performances are suspended to discourage gathering
- Additional space via wider market aisles
- Frequent cleaning of market equipment
- Proper adherence to state & county health codes for markets
- Pre-Odering available for curbside pickup –Click Here to go to our Pre-Order Page.
Our market REMAINS OPEN, we remind you of the benefits of shopping for nutrient dense produce from small family farms:
- Fresh produce and meats rich with vitamins & nutrients essential to maintain a healthy immune system
- Low risk, large venue space with fewer people allows for physical spacing of 6ft.
- Food directly traveling from the farm is handled at a much lower rate than in the commercial system
As we continue to maintain our health through the power of natural foods, we encourage and thank those who support our local family farms & businesses.
PLEASE HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
SHARE TO YOUR COMMUNITY THAT MARKETS ARE OPEN VIA SOCIAL MEDIA, EMAIL, OR PHONE