Communications Internship: Winter 2021/2022
Responsibilities of this internship include:
- Create impactful social media posts on multiple platforms to help grow and encourage market attendance.
- Create promotional content for both online and printed use (i.e. photographs, posters, banners, flyers, printed ad’s etc).
- Write blog posts related to our local vendors, food and agriculture
- Attend monthly board meetings to collaborate with the team
- Attend one market per month from November – April to obtain insight and generate promotional content
Candidates should be organized, creative and resourceful. Skills sets should include creative writing, photography, graphic design and a general working knowledge or interest in learning about local agriculture and local foods. Experience with WordPress, Facebook, Instagram, and Google Workspace will be required. Candidates must have their own computer and reliable internet connection; be self motivated and able to work independently. This internship can be worked in a remote location. The internship period can be flexible depending on the availability of the student, but typically runs from November 1st through Mid-April, and will need a contribution of 5-10 hours per week.
This is an unpaid internship that includes the opportunity to work as an equal partner with a fun and dynamic team. Interns will build their skills in communications, creative writing and graphic design while gaining an overall understanding of the behind-the- scenes operation of a farmers market. This is a great opportunity for an intern to build a portfolio of work while making a positive impact on a small community organization.
To Apply, please submit a letter of interest and resume to Liz McGranaghan, Market Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer the Day of the Market!
Join us before the market from 8:30 am to 10:00 am or after the market from 1:30pm to 2:30pm to:
- Help set up and break down
- Assist vendors unload and load their goods
- Fulfill any required Community Service Time
Contact Liz McGranaghan, Market Manager at email@example.com to sign up.