What’s there to do on a late winter Sunday in southern Maine? The Berwick Winter Farmers’ Market is perfect outing for you and your family. Here are just a few reasons the March 8th farmers’ market is not to be missed!
- Live music. “Folk with a twist.” That’s how Andrea Szirbik describes her music, but you might just call it fun. Dance down the aisles while you fill your bag with local goodness.
- Sustainability. 24 life-sized Lexicon of Sustainability posters will be on display. You won’t find these many places, and words do not do them justice – give them a look!
- Free re-useable bags. March special – sign up for our email list and get a free re-useable market bag. Produced by Berwick’s Deb & Duke’s Monogrammers, this bag proudly displays the market logo and a list of your favorite vendors. Fill it high!
- Community. You’re likely to run into friends you haven’t seen in years, or at least since the last market, and this is your chance to shake hands and catch up with the people who bring local foods to your table. Plus, say hi to the…. Berwick Public Library, Great Works Regional Land Trust, and American Legion Riders. They’ll all be there to give you latest news on projects and opportunities right here in Berwick.
- Special guest, 11am. What is “Agri-Culture?” Local homesteader Peter Kellman will be posing and helping us answer this question. Join the free discussion at 11am downstairs in the Town Hall. Learn how agriculture has evolved as part of our culture and how we can do more to support small farms today.
- Kids’ challenge. Build your own “snowball” catapult! While you shop, Beth Pomerleau will challenge your kids’ young minds to engineer their own indoor catapult made of simple materials. Everyone gets to learn, have fun, and eat good foods this Sunday!
- The vendors! Have we not mentioned the main attraction, the 25 vendors who will be filling the room with every imaginable local food? Get your staples: vegetables, meat, eggs, and fresh bread. Treat yourself to: scones, pies, jams, and chocolate. This is just the short list – there’s even more to discover and enjoy on March 8th.
Come to eat, connect, learn, have fun, see and taste it all. Whatever brings you here, welcome to the Berwick Winter Farmers’ Market! This Sunday, 10am-1:30pm, at the Berwick Town Hall.
Also follow us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/berwickmainefarmersmarket